Friday, August 21, 2009

FIRST Grade Teacher(s)

This afternoon Walker received two
VERY special phone calls!!!
The first was from Mrs. Schmeltekoph who
will be his FIRST grade teacher in the afternoons!
She is a dear friend of mine...
she and I taught middle school together and
also sponsored the Student Council!
We have funny, funny memories from those
days before we had our own babies!
Since I already had a good friend named
Laura, my other friends and I named
this one MyLaura!!!
Do you know how excited I am that Walker
has MY LAURA????????????????
What a HUGE blessing!!!
She is an amazing person!
Walker was too cute & quiet while
talking to Mrs. Schmeltekoph on the phone...
Then we received a message from Mrs. Gingerich!
She will be Walker's FIRST grade
teacher in the mornings.
(Mrs. S and she are both part-time teachers.)
Guess who Mrs. Gingerich is?!?
Yes, indeed, Kelli G's mom!!!
Is God good to me or what?!?
Mrs. Gingerich actually babysat ME before
I went to kindergarten because my mom went
back to work part-time.
There couldn't be a sweeter lady!!!
Then we went to the school to look at
the actual class list and there are several of
Walker's good friends in his class!!!
Please allow me to count my blessings!

I very well think I was the happiest
South Bosque Elementary mommy today...
the BEST teachers for my son,
good friends in his class and a HAPPY
soon-to-be FIRST GRADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Beck said...

You are such a blessed Mama!! I hope Walker has a great year, in first grade! He has changed and grown so much in the year and a half that I have been reading your blog!

I think those pics of Walker on the phone are the most reserved I have ever seen him, in ANY picture! He'd better get used to talking on the phone real quick. Those first grade hotties will be calling in no time (; Too cute!

Kimberly said...

Wowza! Big W is a lucky guy...and those teachers are lucky as well. Is Room Mom in your future again this year? First grade....what a special time!
xoxo

Shannon said...

I am so excited for him! I hear Caroline Steen is in his class this year! You are right - what a blessed mommy! So excited for you guys and hope Walker's first day on Wednesday is perfect!

Caryn said...

How fun -I had to comment because I had Mrs. Gingerich for first grade!! and no doubt she is the best!!!

Anonymous said...

It's just a "God thing", Mindy! That's all you can say! How sweet that they both called him and how funny that he was so shy! I agree with Beck, he won't be shy when those girls start calling him!! So glad it's all working out, for you and for those sweet chillen' of yours! Love yall!

angie said...

Yay! I'm so glad Walker's in this classroom with Two awesome teachers:-). I hope you have a fantastic first day Walker.

Beth E. said...

That is wonderful! When our boys were little, we began praying that God would place them with the right teachers and the right classmates for them. He was faithful to answer those prayers.

I'm so glad that Walker will have such wonderful teachers...the tough part will be teaching him to spell their last names...wow! ;-)

Rhonda said...

What a blessing for Mommy! That is so sweet that Walker's teachers called him at home! I know he must be so excited to be a big 1st grader!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Laura said...

Glad he has great teachers that you know. You'll be able to know exactly what goes on in class!
Love, Laura#1 :)